Klemis Kitchen is Georgia Tech’s on-campus food bank. It is named after Tommy Klemis, owner of Junior’s Grill. The goal of Klemis Kitchen is to make sure students are never forced to skip a meal, while simultaneously reducing food waste on campus.
Klemis Kitchen has three main sources of food:
- A student organization called Campus Kitchen Project (CKP) recovers leftover food from the dining halls, and packages the food into individual meals
- Various campus departments sponsor shelf-stable food drives throughout the academic year
- The food ministry at Lutheran Church of the Redeemer receives donations from several Midtown grocery stores, and they in turn donate portions of their donations to Klemis Kitchen
There are currently four Klemis Kitchen locations on campus:
- The Original Klemis Kitchen is available 24 / 7 for students who demonstrate a need for frequent and ongoing access to food. Students may request Buzzcard access here.
- Klemis 489 was our first Klemis Kitchen Outpost. It is in the Clough Undergraduate Learning Center, Room 489. Beginning Spring Semester 2023, Klemis 489 will be open Monday through Friday, 11:00 am – 2:00 pm, for any student who needs to grab a quick meal. (Students who have access to the Original Klemis Kitchen have 24 / 7 access to Klemis 489 as well.)
- The Community Fridge at Grace House (182 Fifth Street, between Techwood and Fowler Streets) can be found under the back deck. The food options is similar to what’s available at the Original Klemis Kitchen, but is open to the entire campus 24 / 7.
- Klemis GSL is in the Graduate Student Lounge on the 3rd floor of the John Lewis Student Center. Graduate students will find a variety of treats (doughnuts, pastries, etc.) in addition to prepared meals.
Calling all Georgia Tech departments!
Interested in volunteering as our Klemis Kitchen Angels of the Month? To sign up, click here
If you are interested in access to Klemis Kitchen:
If you are interested in volunteering with Campus Kitchen Project:
If you have questions or comments about Klemis Kitchen: